Recipe - Chili Poppers
By Vitamin Green
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 jalapeno peppers medium
- 1 gram decarboxylated kief or hash finely crumbled
- 3 large eggs large
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable oil approximate, for frying
- Mix cheeses together and set aside
- Cut a slit into each jalapeno from stem to bottom then make a crosswise “T” cut at the top. Use a paring knife to carefully remove the inner membranes and seeds, leaving the pepper intact.
- Divide the cheese mixture and the kief or hash into 12 portions each. Take a portion of cheese and squeeze it around a portion kief and carefully stuff it all inside the pepper. Add the concentrate to each pepper individually in order for each one to be consistently dosed. Squeeze the seams together to compact the stuffing inside.
- Beat the eggs together in a small bowl. Stir together the breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper. Use tongs to dip each stuffed pepper in the eggs, let excess drip off and roll in breadcrumbs. Repeat the process, double dipping each pepper. Place on a clean baking sheet as you coat each pepper.
- Heat enough oil in a large, preferably cast-iron skillet. Fry poppers in batches until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels or a wire rack and serve.