Infused Watermelon Gummies
It’s always great having canna gummy treats around, whether to spice up an occasion with friends and family, to give as gifts or for just an quick easy edible or CBD treat!
These can be done in a pan and cut into blocks or you can use individual moulds for your gummies.
What you will need:
- 4 cups fresh watermelon, cut into chunks
- 5 tablespoons of gelatine
- 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raw honey (Optional for sweetness required)
- Your choice or cannabis extract, tincture or CBD isolate
- Blend and liquefy the watermelon.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and discard the pulp, there should be about 2 cups of juice.
- Skim any white foam from the top of the watermelon juice and discard.
- Divide the juice into a small saucepan and the other half in to a bowl.
- Add the gelatine to the juice in the bowl by sprinkling it over the surface. Let it sit for a few minutes so that it dissolves into the juice. It will solidify.
- Gently heat the watermelon juice in the saucepan just to warm it, do not bring it to a boil or simmer it.
- Add the gelatine and juice mixture to the rest of the juice in the saucepan, combine and mix until liquid is smooth.
- Add the honey and lemon juice, continue to whisk until dissolved and combined.
- Pour your mixture into moulds or a refrigerator safe pan.
- Refrigerate and allow to set, approximately 30 minutes will do.
- Once set remove gummies from the moulds or slice it into pieces.
Your gummies can be stored at room temperature, although they are great cold and last longer when refrigerated.